Schaumburg Christian School enhances our high school course offerings by partnering together with Maranatha Baptist University, Liberty University, and Grand Canyon University. Through our partnerships with these universities, SCS is able to offer a significant number of online dual credit courses for SCS high school students.
Dual credit courses are college courses taken in high school where credit is earned simultaneously for both high school and college.
What are the primary advantages of completing dual credit courses?
Completion of dual credit courses provides several important advantages.
-Earn college credit and high school credit through the same courses
-Get a head start on college while fulfilling high school graduation requirements
-Gain confidence in dealing with college level work
-Learn the rigors of college work before having to deal with the total college experience
-Demonstrate college level ability when applying for admission to college
-Transfer the credits to the college/university of your choice
-Reduce time in college
-Significantly reduce college tuition costs
“Dual credit helped me personally graduate high school with 60 college credits at a fraction of the normal college cost. This also helped me shorten my college program from 4 years to 1 1/2 years.”
Anthony Falco JR.
HS-2022 BA-Dec 2023
- How much do the courses cost?
- Do the courses meet graduation requirements at SCS?
- What if I don’t plan to attend college at the university where I'm taking dual credit courses?
- Will the credits earned be accepted by other colleges and universities?
- How long do the dual credit courses take to complete?
- How difficult are dual credit courses?
- How much high school credit is awarded for each course?
- How much college credit is awarded for each course?
- What courses can I take?
- How will dual credit courses impact my high school GPA?
- How will dual credit courses impact my college GPA?
- Which is better, dual credit or Advanced Placement?
- How many dual credit courses may I take?
- Will SCS continue to offer AP courses?
- What is the format of online dual credit courses?
- What if I enroll in a dual credit course and decide to drop the course?
- May I enroll in an online dual credit course over the summer?
- Is daily attendance at SCS required?
- Do I need my own device (laptop, tablet, etc.)?
- Do I need approval from SCS before enrolling in an online dual credit course ?