2017-18 Technology Update
January 23, 2017
Parents and Students,
We are excited to announce the implementation of Conqueror Cloud Classroom (C-Cloud) beginning next school year (2017-18). With this exciting technology initiative, Schaumburg Christian School will provide a laptop computer to each high school student (9th-12th grade), and we will begin utilizing additional digital tools that will transform the learning process. SCS is known for providing a superior education, and we are always looking for ways to improve upon what we do best. We have recently concluded our evaluation of new technology developments designed for use in the classroom, and we believe the time is right to move forward with a “one to one program” (one school-provided electronic device for every student). Digital classroom tools now have the capability of providing tremendous benefits to the learning experience, and we are ready to implement these tools in order to help better prepare our students for college and the modern work environment. We have done extensive research into all of the technology options recently developed for use in the classroom, and we have chosen the tools that we believe are clearly superior.
Following is a summary of the C-Cloud enhancements that we are eager to implement next school year:
- SCS plans to provide a touchscreen Chromebook computer to each high school student.
- Digital textbooks will be used in place of hard copy textbooks whenever practical.
- G Suite for Education will be utilized in every classroom.
- Most classwork will be assigned, completed, and submitted digitally.
- Teachers and students will use a variety of digital educational tools.
- Our internet infrastructure has been analyzed, and we are in the process of making significant upgrades to our wireless internet coverage and bandwidth.
- Appropriate internet filtering will be installed on each laptop and will be active wherever the student’s school-issued device is used.
- Long-range plans include implementing Conqueror Cloud Classroom in middle school and upper elementary grade levels.
We are thrilled about the opportunity to effectively use these technology tools to enhance the learning environment at SCS, and we will be providing more details about these exciting improvements as we move closer to the 2017-18 school year. To help answer any questions you may have about this new technology initiative, please visit the Conqueror Cloud Classroom FAQ page.
Jim Toth, Administrator
Mark McVey, High School Principal
Posted on Wed, January 4, 2017
by Debbie Toth