The reporting system at Schaumburg Christian School is designed to give parents and students an indication of the academic progress which is being made.
Elementary, Junior High, and High School
In the elementary through high school, students are evaluated in both their academic subjects and their conduct. Academic grades are based on the quality and accuracy of homework, quizzes, tests, exams, projects, etc. and these grades become a part of a student's permanent record. The citizenship/conduct grade informs parents regarding the student's behavior and the degree of cooperation and effort displayed.
Academic Grading Scale:
|F||59 & Below|
Conduct / Citizenship Grades
Students may consult their teachers about their course progress at any time
- A: indicates that a student is doing work consistent with his ability level, completes work on time, and is no particular discipline problem in the classroom.
- B: indicates that a student is working somewhat below his ability level, has some inconsistency in completing assignments, or is developing disciplinary problems in the classroom.
- C: indicates that a student is doing less that is expected of him, is often inconsistent in completing assignments, or is a discipline problem in the classroom.
- D: indicates that a student is doing far below his ability level, does not complete assignments on time, or is a regular discipline problem in the classroom. Any student who received a "D" will be placed on probation.
- F: indicates that a student is making little or no effort in the classroom, has a pattern of not completing assignments, or is consistently a discipline problem and/or a disruption in the classroom. Any student who receives an "F" will come under a review process for potential dismissal from school.