Parents and Guardians,
We are thankful that you have chosen to be a part of the Schaumburg Christian School family for the 2018-2019 school year. On this page you will find Back-to-School information and forms relating to the start of the 2018-2019 school year. Please take a few minutes to review the information and complete any forms that are needed for your child(ren) by JULY 13, 2018.
In an effort to assist you in completing and turning in forms, certain forms (marked with an asterisk) have been converted into a Google form. This will allow you to easily complete and submit these forms online. Just click on the form you need to complete, fill in the information, and press submit.
We are looking forward to the opening of the 2018-2019 school year. If you have any questions regarding the start of school, please call the school office at (847) 885‑3230, ext. 3020.
ORIENTATION AND GENERAL INFORMATION
1) 7th - 12th Grades Orientation (Friday, August 24)
2) Pre-3’s – 6th Grades Orientation (Tuesday, August 28)
3) School Camp (9th – 12th Grades)– Monday-Friday, August 27-31
4) Appearance Guidelines (1st-12th Grades)
5) 2018-2019 School Calendar - Be sure to check the Google calendar on the website (http://www.schaumburgchristian.com/calendar) for updates throughout the school year and to link important dates to your personal calendar.
6) School Supply List (Plan to bring your child's school supplies with you to Orientation.)
7) Information Change Form (Form may be completed using Adobe or print out, complete and return to the office.)
START DATES AND TIMES FOR SCHOOL & EXTENDED CARE
Extended Care - Monday, August 20 (If you will need extended care for your child, please complete the forms listed below in the Extended Care section.)
(School Camp) - Monday, August 27 (8:00 a.m.-3:15 p.m.)
Pre-3's, Preschool & Pre-Kindergarten - Tuesday, September 4 (1/2 Day - 8:30 a.m.-11:00 a.m. / Full Day - 8:30 a.m.- 3:00 p.m.)
Kindergarten - Tuesday, September 4 (1/2 Day - 8:15 a.m.-11:00 a.m. / Full Day -8:15 a.m.-3:00 p.m.)
– 2nd Grades - Tuesday, September 4 (8:00 a.m.-2:45 p.m.)
Grades - Tuesday, September 4 (8:15 a.m.-3:00 p.m.)
Grades - Tuesday, September 4 (8:00 a.m.-3:15 p.m.)
ELECTIVE SHEETS (7TH & 8TH GRADES)
* 7th Grade Elective Form
* 8th Grade Elective Form
ELECTIVE SHEETS (9TH - 12TH GRADES)
Before completing your elective forms, we want to encourage all 9th-12th grade students and parents to review the following course offerings and schedule enhancements that have been added for the 2018-2019 school year.
- Dual Credit (College) English Composition 1 and 2 are being offered to 11th and 12th grade students as an upgrade from the traditional AP English course. This year, we are also offering Dual Credit (College) British Literature 1 and 2 for seniors who have already completed Dual Credit English Composition 1 and 2. All of these English courses are being taught by Mrs. Funderburg in conjunction with Maranatha Baptist University. Students/parents can decide after the completion of each course if they wish to receive college credit at the nominal fee of $99 per course. To be eligible for these classes, students must have earned at least an A- in Honors or Dual Credit English both semesters last year. Please be aware that we anticipate a high demand for these classes, and they may fill. If interested, we suggest that you submit your elective form ASAP.
- English Foundations (9th-12th) is specifically designed for the success of our international students and other students who need additional support in English class. Full English credit is awarded for this course.
- Please be reminded that elective forms are due no later than July 13, but since some classes may fill, we strongly suggest that you complete and submit your form as soon as possible.
* 9th Grade Elective Form
* 10th Grade Elective Form
* 11th Grade Elective Form
* 12th Grade Elective Form
Dual Credit Approval Form
(required for online dual credit courses only) Please print, complete and return to the office or use Adobe and complete online.
CHROMEBOOK FORMS (9TH - 12TH GRADES)
All 9th-12th grade students are required to submit the following two Chromebook forms before the first day of school.
* Chromebook Insurance Policy (2018-2019)
* Conqueror Cloud Acceptance Use Policy (2018-2019)
1) * August Extended Care Enrollment Form (This form must be submitted if you need Extended Care any day during the weeks of August 20 and August 27.)
2) * Extended Care Enrollment/Change Form (This form must be submitted if Extended Care is needed during the 2018-2019 school year, or if you are making a change to a current plan option already chosen for the 2018-2019 school year.)
1) 2018-2019 Tuition and Extended Care Fees (Pre-3’s, Preschool, and Pre-Kindergarten)
2) 2018-2019 Tuition and Extended Care Fees (Kindergarten – 12th Grades)
3) SMART Tuition Information Sheet
MUSIC LESSON INFORMATION
1) Letter from the Music Director
2) * Music Lesson Enrollment Form (Kindergarten – 12th)
3) * Music Lesson Enrollment Form (Ages 3, 4 and 5)
AFTER-SCHOOL ART LESSON INFORMATION
1) After-school art lesson information summary
2) * Art Registration Form (Beginner & Intermediate)
3) * Art Registration Form (Advanced)
HEALTH CARE INFORMATION
As a reminder, all students entering Preschool, Kindergarten, 6th, and 9th grades are required by state law to have a physical examination before school begins. The physical examinations must be conducted within one year prior to the date of entering school. For further physical examination requirements, please read the Health Requirements sheet.
1) School Health and Physical Examination Requirements
2) Form – Child Health Examination
3) Form – Dental Examination
4) Form – Eye Examination
SPORTS HEALTH REQUIREMENTS
All students who will be participating in sports must have a physical prior to pre-season practice. Without this physical they cannot practice or play in a game. Click on the Sports Health Requirements below for more information.
1) Sports Health Requirements
2) Sports Physical Examination Form
3) Concussion Care Protocol
(Please read before signing athletic consent form.)
3) 2018-2019 Consent Release and Concussion Protocol Form (Print and complete for each student participating in a sport.)
4) 2018 Athletic Preseason Information
Posted on Mon, June 25, 2018
by Debbie Toth