Parents and Guardians,
We are thankful that you have chosen to be a part of the Schaumburg Christian School family for the 2017-2018 school year. On this page you will find Back-to-School information and forms relating to the start of the 2017-2018 school year. Please take a few minutes to review the information and complete any forms that are needed for your child(ren) by JULY 15, 2017.
In an effort to assist you in completing and turning in forms, certain forms (marked with an asterisk) have been converted into Adobe pdf fillable forms. This will allow you to complete and submit these forms online. Just click on the form you need to complete, save it to your computer, and open it in Adobe to enter your information. (Please note that you will need to open these forms in a version of Adobe XI or higher to be able to complete and submit forms electronically.) Once the pdf form is completed, just click the orange “Submit” button on the form, and an email will open addressed to the SCS staff member collecting those forms along with your form attached. Just press “send” and your form is submitted. If the submit button does not work, please make sure you are completing the form using an up-to-date version of Adobe. Some computers may require you to change your setting to make Adobe Reader your default viewer. If you are still experiencing problems, feel free to just email your forms as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also print out the needed form and return it to the office if you prefer.
We are looking forward to the opening of the 2017-2018 school year. If you have any questions regarding the start of school, please call the school office at (847) 885‑3230, ext. 3020.
ORIENTATION AND GENERAL INFORMATION
1) 7th - 12th Grades Orientation
(Friday, August 25)
2) Pre-3’s – 6th Grades Orientation
(Tuesday, August 29)
3) School Camp (9th – 12th Grades) – Monday-Friday, August 28-September 1
4) Appearance Guidelines (1st-12th Grades)
5) 2017-2018 School Calendar - Be sure to check the Google calendar on the website (http://www.schaumburgchristian.com/calendar) for updates throughout the school year and to link important dates to your personal calendar.
6) School Supply List
(Plan to bring your child's school supplies with you to Orientation.)
7) * Information Change Form
START DATES AND TIMES FOR SCHOOL & EXTENDED CARE
Extended Care - Monday, August 21 (If you will need extended care for your child, please complete the forms listed below in the Extended Care section.)
(school camp) - Monday, August 28 (8:00 a.m.-3:15 p.m.)
Preschool - Tuesday, September 5 (1/2 Day - 8:30 a.m.-11:00 a.m. / Full Day - 8:30 a.m.- 3:00 p.m.)
Kindergarten - Tuesday, September 5 (1/2 Day - 8:15 a.m.-11:00 a.m. / Full Day -8:15 a.m.-3:00 p.m.)
– 2nd Grades - Tuesday, September 5 (8:00 a.m.-2:45 p.m.)
Grades - Tuesday, September 5 (8:15 a.m.-3:00 p.m.)
Grades - Tuesday, September 5 (8:00 a.m.-3:15 p.m.)
ELECTIVE SHEETS (7TH & 8TH GRADES)
* 7th Grade Elective Form
* 8th Grade Elective Form
ELECTIVE SHEETS (9TH - 12TH GRADES)
Before completing your elective forms, we want to encourage all 9th-12th grade students and parents to review the following course offerings and schedule enhancements that have been added for the 2017-2018 school year.
- Dual Credit (College) English Composition 1 and 2 are being offered to 11th and 12th grade students as an upgrade from the traditional AP English course. Dual Credit Composition 1 (1st semester) and Composition 2 (2nd semester) are college English courses which are being taught by Mrs. Funderburg in conjunction with Maranatha Baptist University. Students/parents can decide after the completion of each course if they wish to receive college credit at the nominal fee of $99 per course. To be eligible for these classes, students must have earned at least an A- in Honors or AP English both semesters last year. Please be aware that we anticipate a high demand for this class, and it may fill. If interested, we suggest that you submit your elective form ASAP.
- English Foundations (9th-12th) is a new English course specifically designed for the success our international students.
- Advanced Computer will include instruction in computer programming in multiple computer languages.
- Speech class has been added back into the schedule and is offered 3rd hour (11th/12th grades) or 7th hour (9th-12th grades).
- Yearbook class is being offered 5th hour or 6th hour for 11th and 12th grade students.
- Personal Fitness class is being offered 7th hour for 11th and 12th grade students.
Please be reminded that elective forms are due no later than July 15, but since some classes may fill, we strongly suggest that you complete and submit your form as soon as possible.
* 9th Grade Elective Form
* 10th Grade Elective Form
* 11th Grade Elective Form
* 12th Grade Elective Form
* Dual Credit Approval Form (required for online dual credit courses only)
1) * August Extended Care Enrollment Form (This form must be submitted if you need extended care any day during the weeks of August 21 and August 28.)
2) * Extended Care Enrollment/Change Form (This form must be submitted if extended care is needed during the 2017-2018 school year, or if you are making a change to a current plan option already chosen for the 2017-2018 school year.)
1) 2017-2018 Tuition and Extended Care Fees (Preschool)
2) 2017-2018 Tuition and Extended Care Fees (Kindergarten – 12th Grades)
3) SMART Tuition Information Sheet
MUSIC LESSON INFORMATION
1) Letter from the Music Director
2) * Music Lesson Enrollment Form (Grades 1st – 12th)
3) * Music Lesson Enrollment Form (Ages 3, 4 and 5)
AFTER-SCHOOL ART LESSON INFORMATION
1) After-school art lesson information summary
2) * Art Registration Form (Beginner & Intermediate)
3) * Art Registration Form (Advanced)
HEALTH CARE INFORMATION
As a reminder, all students entering Preschool, Kindergarten, 6th, and 9th grades are required by state law to have a physical examination before school begins. The physical examinations must be conducted within one year prior to the date of entering school. For further physical examination requirements, please read the Health Requirements sheet.
1) School Health and Physical Examination Requirements
2) Form – Child Health Examination
3) Form – Dental Examination
4) Form – Eye Examination
SPORTS HEALTH REQUIREMENTS
All students who will be participating in sports must have a physical prior to pre-season practice. Without this physical they cannot practice or play in a game. Click on the Sports Health Requirements below for more information.
1) Sports Health Requirements
2) Sports Physical Examination Form
3) 2017-2018 Consent Release Form
(Must be completed for each student participating in a sport.)
MARTIAL ARTS - National Karate (for 2nd-12th graders)
National Karate Schools Informational Packet
*SCS 2017-2018 Martial Arts Class Registration Form
SCS Consent & Release Form
Posted on Fri, June 30, 2017
by Debbie Toth